[Samba] Possible to mount home user account using another account?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 16:11:34 MST 2010

Hi there.

I'm trying to set up an automount system so samba user accounts are
all available on a machine.

I know how to mount a directory specifying the username and password
which allows me to mount that particular folder. But this is
fastidious as I have for each home account I need to mount specify the
username and the password inside the fstab.

And of course, if the user change their password, then it won't work any longer.

I used to mount everything as NFS, but then I'm limited to unix-like
ownership/permissions and I also found that NFS gives me worse
performance than cifs/smbfs

So the question is:
would it be possible to mount all home directories as a particular
administrator account and automatically get the inherited
permission/ACL ?