[Samba] Need a little help with Samba 3.5.5 on FreeNAS 7.2.5543

Steve B steveb7 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 19:16:23 MST 2010

1. Not sure what you mean by "remote the file". I can open and read the file
in any editor, but the Audiotron performs some sort of read function on the
file that tells it there are X number of radio stations defined in the file.
The file is basically an XML file.

2. I don't believe the current version of FreeNAS, which is based on FreeBSD
7.x, has any ACL in it. The forthcoming version 8 is said to have some soft
of ACL support.

3.I don't think it has suddenly become case sensitive, but I will change the
case and try it again.

4. I don't think it is an 8.3 character issue as there are two examples
floating around the Internet for how to configure it. One shows the file
being named output.txt but the Turtle Beach site shows it as radio_tr.txt (
http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=114314465).

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Gaiseric Vandal <gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com