[Samba] Bug - Forcing password change with Samba 3.4.x ?

Alexander Födisch foedisch at eva.mpg.de
Thu Dec 9 08:06:11 MST 2010

Hi,

since upgrade to samba 3.4.9 samba seems to ignore the LDAP attribute "sambaPwdMustChange" for forcing password changes.
Is that a bug or were there some changes? I can not find a hint.

Samba log (log level 10) does not show any errors.

How can I check, if samba ignores the attribute? pdbedit does show "never". Is this the same attribute?

ldapmaster:~ # pdbedit -Lv testalex1
smbldap_search_domain_info: Searching for:[(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=EVAN))]
smbldap_open_connection: connection opened
init_sam_from_ldap: Entry found for user: testalex1
Unix username:        testalex1
NT username:          testalex1
Account Flags:        [U          ]
[...]
Logoff time:          never
Kickoff time:         Fri, 02 Jan 2037 23:59:59 CET
Password last set:    Mon, 07 Sep 2009 15:30:18 CEST
Password can change:  Mon, 07 Sep 2009 15:30:18 CEST
Password must change: never
Last bad password   : 0
Bad password count  : 0
Logon hours         : FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Thanks,
Alex