[Samba] Printer Driver Delivery - Printing Preferences Error

Hoover, Tony hoover at sal.ksu.edu
Wed Dec 1 14:25:27 MST 2010

The Xerox Work Centre print drivers do a LOT of server registry stuff
(during the print process).  I could never get them to function reliably on
a samba server.  However, using either the "HP universal drivers" for PCL
output or the CUPS driver for Postscript output, I was able to make the
Xerox print reliably.

The coin-mech attached to the printer, however, could not be configured to
meet the requirements set by the department, so we no longer have a Xerox
Work Centre on campus.

Tony Hoover, Network Administrator
KSU - Salina, College of Technology and Aviation
(785) 826-2660

"Don't Blend in..."