[Samba] home share issue: //server/homes errs, while //server/<username> works

David Roid dataroid at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 01:25:33 MDT 2010

Forgot to metion that mapped AD user can login with smbclient (huh, better
than with windows explorer), but any further operation will hit the error
below.

 # smbclient //localhost/homes -U <ADusername>
   Enter cifs5's password:
   Domain=[MYDOMAIN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.5.3-1.1-2362-SUSE-CODE10]
   smb: \> ls
   do_list: [\*] NT_STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND
   Error in dskattr: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND

"smbclient //localhost/<ADusername> -U" works just fine, again.

Samba ver = 3.5.3 and the homes share is a msdfs root.