[Samba] home share issue: //server/homes errs, while //server/<username> works

David Roid dataroid at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 01:10:29 MDT 2010

Hello list,

I'm running a samba server in AD domain, with some AD users explicitly
mapped into local users by "username map = sambauser.map", which is a text
file.

Problem is found with explicitly mapped user, I can only access home share
by //server/<ADusername>, not //server/homes (using windows explorer). This
feels wrong because I also tried those AD users not listed in the map file,
they could access home share either way.

So it's bothering me, any idea what did I miss out anything or it's a samba
bug?

Bests
David