[Samba] Samba ACL sub folder permission changes

suresh.kandukuru at emc.com suresh.kandukuru at emc.com
Tue Aug 10 02:42:25 MDT 2010

Dear samba team,
 	Please help me on the below issue.

    I have connected a samba share from my device to my  windows XP
machine . that samba share has ACL support enabled .
1) The shared folder names is "user1" and the user  name I logged into
samba share is also user1.

2) I have created a text file , and sub folder in the samba share from
my windows PC.

3) I can change write permission of the owner "user1" and the group
"users"  , and Everyone from the security -> advanced settings ->

4) for the sub folder I cannot change the permissions for the owner
"user1" , I can change for the group "users" and Everyone also.

whenever I tried to disable the "Write attributes" and "Write extended
attributes" , it is simply ignoring the changes and again showing "full
control" in advance security windows.

Please suggest how to handle this?.
here is my samba.conf

-----------------[Global]
server string= storage
Workgroup= WORKGROUP
security= user
domain master= yes
preferred master= yes
local master= yes
os level= 20
invalid users= bin daemon adm sync shutdown halt mail news uucp gopher
map to guest= Bad User
host msdfs= yes
null passwords= yes
strict allocate= no
encrypt passwords= yes
passdb backend= smbpasswd
printcap name= lpstat
printing= cups
printable= no
load printers= yes
max smbd processes= 500
max smbd processes= 2500
getwd cache= yes
display charset= UTF-8
log level= 10
syslog= 0
max log size= 50
use sendfile= yes

[Printers]
path= /mnt/soho_storage/samba/spool
printable= yes
only guest= yes
use client driver= yes
comment= All Printers

[Backups]
path= /mnt/soho_storage/samba/shares/SP0/Backups/
max connections= 50
max connections= 250
directory mode= 0777
create mode= 0777
follow symlinks= yes
wide links= no
nt acl support= no
dos filemode= no
writeable= yes
public= yes
store dos attributes= yes
write list= guest

[Documents]
path= /mnt/soho_storage/samba/shares/SP0/Documents/
max connections= 50
max connections= 250
directory mode= 0777
create mode= 0777
follow symlinks= yes
wide links= no
nt acl support= no
dos filemode= no
writeable= yes
public= yes
store dos attributes= yes
write list= guest

[Pictures]
path= /mnt/soho_storage/samba/shares/SP0/Pictures/
max connections= 50
max connections= 250
directory mode= 0777
create mode= 0777
follow symlinks= yes
wide links= no
nt acl support= no
dos filemode= no
writeable= yes
public= yes
store dos attributes= yes
write list= guest

[user1]
path= /mnt/soho_storage/samba/shares/SP0/user1/
max connections= 50
max connections= 250
directory mode= 0777
create mode= 0777
follow symlinks= yes
wide links= no
nt acl support= yes
dos filemode= yes
writeable= no
valid users= "admin" "user1" "user2"
store dos attributes= yes
write list= "admin" "user1" "user2"

[user2]
path= /mnt/soho_storage/samba/shares/SP0/user2/