[Samba] How can I bypass Windows allowing only one user logged on to a Samba Server?

Frank Church vfclists at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 30 18:46:13 MDT 2009

I want to connect to a server using 2 different user accounts at the
same time, but Windows allows only one user to be logged from a
system.

I am considering whether it is possible to run samba on multiple IP
addresses so that they are not identified by Windows as the same
server.

What I want to be sure of is whether using different IP address is
sufficient or whether samba has a way of identifying itself as the
same server to Windows even though they are on different IP addresses.

Is this possible?

--
Frank Church