[Samba] user cannot logon to domain although log says "auth succeeded"

extmaillist at linuxbox.cz extmaillist at linuxbox.cz
Wed Sep 30 15:09:59 MDT 2009

Hi,

i have tha same problem (may be after upgrade to Samba 3.4.0).

During login to domain i see in samba log that user is
authenticated...

[2009/09/30 22:54:09,  2] auth/auth.c:310(check_ntlm_password)
   check_ntlm_password:  authentication for user [kkohoutova] ->
[kkohoutova] -> [kkohoutova] succeeded

But in WinXP client i got error message "user cannot login. check
username/password/domain and be aware that username/password are
casesensitive" and loging to domain failed.

My log is here http://servis.lbox.cz/kvm4.log

This problem i have only with new users, with existing users is all fine.

Have you solution for this problem?

thank you very much

Lukas