[Samba] 75 second (5 x 15) between login request and response

Laurens Blankers laurens.blankers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 07:17:35 MDT 2009

> How did you narrow this down to a LDAP config problem? Is it because of:
>
> http://pastebin.com/f45d24967 (line 588)
>
> ldapsam_getgroup: Did not find group, filter was
> (&(objectClass=sambaGroupMapping)(|(displayName=share)(cn=share)))
>
> By using ldapsearch or ldapvi are you able to see that group?

I think it is an LDAP problem because I copied the config from a server
which is not using LDAP and the 'only' change I made was to change the
passwd backend to LDAP.

The LDAP query didn't return anything, so I added the sambaGroupMapping to
the LDAP. That definetly changed something: in stead of waiting for 60
seconds it now takes 105 seconds to log in :-(:

http://pastebin.com/f4f9f63ac

I can't seem to find a clear description of what should be in the LDAP to
use it with Samba, neither in the Samba manual nor in the How-To. Could you
point me to a good resource on Samba and LDAP?

Laurens