[Samba] Simple CIFS Linux permission

Willem P. Botha willem.botha at adticket.de
Thu Sep 3 02:58:14 MDT 2009

> Have you tried connecting as your user account and letting the force
> user in smb.conf do its work? When your Windows clients connect, they
> are using their own ids and that is working. Why are you doing it
> differently for Linux?

Now that is the weird thing, The windows clients are also connecting
with the same details. There is now domain controller on this network.
Everybody connect to a DHCP server that the Router manages, and thus I
have a browse master war in my network, but that is another problem.

So far I can figure, the windows clients don't have the same gid's as
Linux, and thus don't have the same problem. I am just not sure how
windows figures that it should use the login user to save files.