[Samba] tdb locking issue - Solaris 10 and Samba 3.0.33

Fri Oct 23 16:34:29 MDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 03:28:18PM -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> I bet you're right.  So theoretically if I figure out how to track down
> that lock, it is likely held by my NFS server...

No, the NFS server is not holding a lock.

> Hrm.  But would it make sense that other smbd processes are apparently
> still accessing brlock.tdb OK for different files?

Yes, there can be many concurrent accesses to brlock.tdb to
different hash chains.

> My low level understanding of the locking is lacking a bit. :)
>
> Anyways, I'm guessing if this turns out to be NFS related as we
> suspect, the only fix is to _not_ share with NFS. :)

You need to find the one holding the lock the others are
waiting for and see what that guy is blocking on. Everything
else is pure speculation.

Volker