[Samba] tdb locking issue - Solaris 10 and Samba 3.0.33

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Fri Oct 23 17:31:18 MDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 03:34:29PM -0700, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> You need to find the one holding the lock the others are
> waiting for and see what that guy is blocking on. Everything
> else is pure speculation.

It appears mdb is what I want to use.  See this[1] page if anyone is
curious.

Unfortunately, I kill -9'd one of the processes that was hung.  As a
result the parent died and all its children, so the fouled up
environment I was in is now gone.

I'll wait for this to reoccur and then see if I can track down the
culprit.

Thanks for the guidance,

Ray

[1] http://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/solaris/ListingFileLocks