[Samba] Reliability issues when using Windows 7

Thu Oct 22 06:03:09 MDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 01:51:22PM +0200, Gernot Gebhard wrote:
> Currently, we are trying to only compile on a single machine. If this
> triggers the error, we can then try to produce a packet trace.
>

> However, is there any other possibility?

Well, you could try with a debug level 10 log of smbd,
catching it at the moment when the build fails. But this
does not give the information we need: Apparently Windows
is unhappy with one of our network packets. We need to see
the packet which Windows 7 does not like, and the natural
source for that information is a packet trace.

Are you aware that tshark is able to split packet traces in
chunks while taking them? So you could run it arbitrarily
long without filling your disk if you delete old ones?

Sorry,

Volker