[Samba] Unknown panic actions

Ralph Kutschera news2008 at ecuapac.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 11 10:33:35 MDT 2009

Hallo Michael!

   Thanks for you answer.

Michael Wood schrieb:
> My wild guess is cron or anacron or something like that is running
> something that is somehow interfering with Samba.  What happens
> around that time?  What's in /var/log/messages, /var/log/syslog,
> /var/log/daemon.log, etc?

There's nothing concerning Samba in these files. Also in /var/log/samba
I cannot find any reason for a crash.

> OK, but can you find anything that always seems to happen around the
same time?

Not with cron. Anacron is not installed.

People are usually starting to work at that time, so the Samba PDC also
has to wake up. But I don't know of any problems with the PDC.

> Otherwise, try to figure out why the "executable could not be found
> for process 4170" happens.  If you could get a stack trace out of it
> someone might be able to help you figure out what's going wrong.

How can I get a backtrace of an executable that doesn't seem to be
running anymore?

Thanks,
   Ralph