[Samba] winbind and smb tries to auth as pdc$ rather than local name when using ADS

Jonathan Petersson jpetersson at garnser.se
Thu Oct 1 20:07:13 MDT 2009

So I've looked further at this and noticed that samba seams to create
it's own krb5 config-file in
/var/lib/samba/smb_krb5/krb5.conf.PRESIDIO

It seams that if I add custom information to this file it gets
overwritten upon restart of samba.

The contents of this file is
[libdefaults]
	default_realm = GARNSER.SE
	default_tgs_enctypes = RC4-HMAC DES-CBC-CRC DES-CBC-MD5
	default_tkt_enctypes = RC4-HMAC DES-CBC-CRC DES-CBC-MD5
	preferred_enctypes = RC4-HMAC DES-CBC-CRC DES-CBC-MD5

[realms]
	GARNSER.SE = {
		kdc = 172.16.1.2
	}

I'm guessing winbind tries to bind with PRESIDIO given the name of the file.

Anyone else seen this before?

/Jonathan