[Samba] inotify (was: ACL)

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Thu Oct 1 22:00:18 MDT 2009

> I'm trying to use samba to share some files with ACL.
> But when i create a new folder or file, I have to press F5 before I can see any change on the folder.
> For example:
> I create a new folder on a directory. But I can´t see it until i press F5
> Someone knows how to fix it?

Probably your Samba or kernel version is too old.  This has nothing to
do with ACLs.  Either Samba isn't monitoring files for changes (upgrade
Samba) or the required facility isn't available (kernel too old.)  I
think the code has been in the kernel for a long time, so probably a
Samba upgrade is in order.

FWIW I used to have this issue on Samba 3.0.x but not any more on 3.2.x.

Cheers,
Adam.