[Samba] User home directories on a windows server question.

Per-Erik Persson pere at fos.su.se
Sat Mar 14 09:15:53 GMT 2009

I had a similair problem a couple of years ago.
I tried to get the users credentials to automaticly map the
homedirectories off the windows machine. I never got it working.
In theory it should since the users got a kerberos ticket while they
logged on to linux. But I could not spend to much time on it.

The only solution I got woking was to install services for unix on the
windowsmachine and then export the homedirectories over nfs.
But then I had to spend time to build a script to sync userid:s between
unix and windows.
I don't know it that works better nowdays. I assume microsoft don't want
to build a to good solutions for integrating with unix.