[Samba] User home directories on a windows server question.

Derek Harkness dharknes at umd.umich.edu
Mon Mar 16 14:39:08 GMT 2009

Ya that's not really an option, I don't control the AD servers, so no
suf or schema extensions.

But what I'm finding make it pretty clear there is no way to replace
NFS with SMB for a large multiuser system.  I find that very
disappointing given the age of the samba project.  I really figured
someone would have a great solution for dropping a Linux box into a AD
domain with no modification to the AD.

Follow question.

mount.cifs //server/share /mnt/folder -ousername=user,sec=krb5i

works okay, other then mounting as root and not enforcing perms.

mount.cifs //server/share /mnt/folder -
ousername=user,sec=krb5i,uid=12345

returns an mount error 126 = Required key not available

Anybody got a comment?

cifs.upcall is working otherwise the first mount wouldn't work.  This
is attempting to connect to a W2k8 server in an AD.

Thanks,
Derek