[Samba] Read only configuration.

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Tue Jun 9 18:29:29 GMT 2009

Gerard,

Since Samba honors the underlying permissions of the file system,
control that with the POSIX permissions of the subfolder.
Assuming there are only files in /u02/pub/expenses/hardware, then:
    chmod 755 /u02/pub/expenses/hardware
    chmod 644 /u02/pub/expenses/hardware/*

Modify accordingly to fit what actually exists in your file system.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do-i-set-permissions-to-samba-shares.html

Dale