[Samba] Read only configuration.

Whelan, Gerard Gerard.Whelan at iconplc.com
Thu Jun 11 11:08:23 GMT 2009

Hi Dale,

   Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately that still doesn't work.  The
existing files are read only now as per your recommendations. I can
still create files and then delete them in the hardware share.  There
must be some way to share out a directory with write permissions and
then have read only permissions on a subfolder of that?

I have set the permissions as rw for owner, which is what they will need
to be, then group and other is read only.  Yet I can still create and
delete files even though I am connecting as a guest, and the fact that
Samba should respect the read only permissions set on the OS side?  If
you need anymore information please let me know.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Gerard