[Samba] Read only configuration.

Whelan, Gerard Gerard.Whelan at iconplc.com
Tue Jun 9 17:36:44 GMT 2009

Hi,

I currently I have a Samba share configured as follows:

[pub_fileshare]
comment = Public fileshare
path = /u02/pub
guest ok = Yes
writeable = Yes

There is a subfolder under /u02/pub called /u02/pub/expenses/hardware
that I need to make read only. How do I do this? I am new to using
Samba.

I configured the share /u02/pub/expenses/hardware using the
configuration below. This works as it is shared as read only.

[hardware]
comment = Hardware share
path = /u02/pub/expenses/hardware
read only = Yes
guest ok = Yes

User can still access the folder through
\\servername\pub\expenses\hardware with write permissions. How do I make
it read only?

Thanks for your help.

Gerard Whelan
Unix System Administrator
ICON Clinical Research

Tel: + 353 (1) 291 2137
Email: Gerard.Whelan at iconplc.com
Web: www.iconclinical.com

ICON plc made the following annotations.
This e-mail transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged information
that is intended only for the individual or entity named in the e-mail address. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that
ICON plc can arrange for proper delivery, and then please delete the message.
Thank You,
ICON plc
South County Business Park
Leopardstown