[Samba] Compile help for Solaris 10 x86, samba 3.0.28a deficient?

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Sun Oct 12 16:26:36 GMT 2008

> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 07:50:33AM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> see http://www.blastwave.org/testing/
>>
>> you will find 3.0.32 and 3.2.2 there
>>
>> If you want to work on this together, sounds great, come over to
>> Blastwave
>> and we can sort this out. I can tell you that building Samba on Solaris
>> is
>> a miserable experience, a lonely miserable wretched task.
>
> Wait a second -- at least we try to keep our build farm
> hosts happy. At this very moment, the build is broken, but
> I've already checked in a fix.
>
> If you have necessary patches, please send them to
> samba-technical. The packaging/Solaris subdirectory is
> pretty much orphaned, it could really benefit from some
> care.

I'd be happy to fill it with a samba package or a set. Keep in mind that
any such package will require dependencies and I may come up with
something standalone that "just works" with only one package being
installed.

I have some thoughts on that ... but anyways .. I'd be happy to help with
that poor forgotten orphan.

Dennis