[Samba] Compile help for Solaris 10 x86, samba 3.0.28a deficient?

Mike Gallamore mike at mpi-cbg.de
Mon Oct 13 08:06:44 GMT 2008

Sin = Solaris I thought you knew :-)

I've been a Solaris user for 10 years and an admin for 3 and I can
tell you I'm still clueless with some things. For example I had a
system that I moved and plugged into a different fiber connect. Well
Sun's BootProm (there version of POST) helpfully changed the
configuration of the FC card from 1000 full to autonegotiate. Funny
thing really autonegotiate doesn't work in Solaris unless the other
side is set to auto too. Makes sense doesn't it :-) Man I was
scratching my head for 3 hours with a Sun engineer on the phone
because an identical workstation (just different software installed)
was at the new location and working fine, all of a sudden both
wouldn't work. Anyways Solaris is rock solid just don't touch it
unless you have a day to spare.