[Samba] ***HELP*** Users cannot access shares on member server after restart

Robert Steinmetz rob at steinmetznet.com
Wed Nov 26 07:28:57 GMT 2008

Mike wrote:
> Rob,
>
> I'm very new to establishing domains with samba, having run standalone
> servers for several years.
> Your post caught my attention relating to a slightly different domain
> problem I've encountered.
> Anyway, while skimming some TOSHARG sections I thought you should
> include the "wins support = yes" parameter in the PDC global section
> and maybe try "password server = *" in the BDC global section.
Thanks for looking at it. I just realized when I pasted the globals for
the PDC I missed two lines one was the "win support = yes", so it's in
there already.
As for the "password server = *", I've had much better luck giving it
the explicit IP address, whihc is legal.

I have had made some progress and I can access the shares. I discovered
that the force group parameter was causing problems so I worked around
it. I'm still baffled by why it worked sometimes before.

I now have a new problem. I can't delete files, Windows says the file is
in use nad access is denied.
--
Robert Steinmetz, AIA
Principal