[Samba] Print only server

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Tue Nov 25 01:43:28 GMT 2008

Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> Basically can't get queue listings. I have the printer being displayed
> properly on an XP client, but once the printer is installed and opened I
> get a "printer on server Access denied, unable to connect." I can still
> print just fine, but I cannot list jobs, pause printing, or purge
> documents.

Have you loaded the drivers onto the server or just set up the printer
on the client and loaded the drivers there?

If you load the drivers onto the client then the client will try to talk
to the printer slightly differently than if it pulls the drivers from
the server, the result is something like what you describe.

The quick solution is "use client drivers = yes", the proper solution is
to load the drivers onto the server.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>