[Samba] Re: AddPrinterConnection returns ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER

Mark Gannon mark at truenorth.nu
Thu Mar 20 23:25:53 GMT 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008 12:15:24 pm mingj wrote:
> Since the same oemsetup.inf works for XP, does anybody know if Vista has
> changed the behavior in terms of the requirement for a help file for PnP
> installations?

My experimentation suggests that Vista does much stricter checking of all the
printer files served via PNP to make sure that they are the proper type,
version, etc.  These checks don't occur with XP.  My conclusion is that this
is generally part of their efforts to tighten security.

Regards,

Mark Gannon

--
“Why dont you write books people can read?"

Nora Joyce, to her husband James