[Samba] Re: AddPrinterConnection returns ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER

mingj mingj at efi.com
Thu Mar 20 19:15:24 GMT 2008

The driver is Vista compliant because I can install the printer on Vista via
local port using the same driver.
After some experiments, I figured out it's the missing help file in
oemsetup.inf that causes the trouble.  If I add a "HelpFile=xxxxx.CHM" in
the inf file, then PnP installation will work on Vista.

Since the same oemsetup.inf works for XP, does anybody know if Vista has
changed the behavior in terms of the requirement for a help file for PnP
installations?

Thanks

"Lou Gascou" <ple001 at artic.fr> wrote in message
news:frtfso$161$1 at ger.gmane.org...
mingj a écrit :
> I set up a Point-n-Print printer server with Samba3.0.28 and it works fine
> from XP, but when I try to connect and install the printer driver from
> Vista machines, it gives me 0x57 error, does anybody know why this is
> happening? I later found out it's AddPrinterConnection call failing, but I
> don't know how to go any further beyond that.
>
> Thanks

Are you sure that your driver is Vista compatible ?

Lou.