[Samba] problem to join windows XP hosts to samba-ldap PDC

SODATONOU Dodji Comlan Samuel sam at trstech.net
Thu Mar 13 18:49:03 GMT 2008

HI

> Hi Again,
>
> OK, you have smbldap-tools installed.
>
> You haven't provided much information about the error or the nature of the
> problem, so I'm going to ask a few questions if you don't mind.
>
> What operating system and what version are you running?

Fedora Core 6

> What version of Samba?

Samba-3.
> Did you compile from source or did you use the binary packages provided
> with the distribution?

i use the binary package provide with the distribution

> Same goes for LDAP, which LDAP, and version?

LDAP version 3

> Have you read and followed the instruction in the Samba by Example Guide?
> It's located at:  http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/

I read the official howto of samba but nothing refferint to my problem
> And most importantly, what errors are you seeing?
>
> Just a quick note:  My experience has been with Samba 2.x and 3.0.x as a
> Windows NT type domain controller using Open-LDAP witn smb-ldap tools on
> RedHat Enterprise Linux and Ubuntu Server.  I have used Windows 98, 2000,
> XP and Vista clients as well as Linux clients.  I try to stick with the
> version provided with the distribution unless there is some new feature
> that we absolutely need.  So, I may not be able to answer all of your
> questions, but I will try to point you in the right direction.  Also, I've
> found the best information comes from the Official Samba-3 by Example
> documentation.  Plus you'll want to read the release notes for the version
> you are running.
>
> Anyway, please provide the information, and I'll try to help.
>
> Jim

Please could you have a document that describe all the process of implementation

--sam
--
TRS - Technologies Reseaux & Solutions (http://www.trstech.net)