[Samba] Samba Domain Crontroller migration

Rafael Santos rafael at games.com
Thu Jun 26 13:15:55 GMT 2008

My actual server is a Samba-3 PDC with a non-LDAP backend, using
smbpasswd. It has users shares and profiles on it.
Migrating from a old server to a new server what steps?

- Keep users and machines (copy smbpasswd file to new server? useradd
and groupadd again?)
- Keep profile and share permissions

Make the old server as BDC is the best way?
What steps to do that without desktop users interaction?

Thks.

*Rafael Santos
*