Samba 3.2.0 for Ubuntu Hardy (was Re: [Samba] [ANNOUNCE] Samba 3.2.0 Available for Download)

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Wed Jul 2 16:20:28 GMT 2008

Quoting Pau Garcia i Quiles (pgquiles at elpauer.org):

>> (being hosted on Launchpad, which is well known to be Canonical
>> (non-free) baby, makes this fairly non obvious whether this is an
>> individual work or if it's related to official releases of Ubuntu....I
>> doubt that there will be an official 3.2 package for Hardy, though)
>
> I'm using the Launchpad Personal Package Archive, which is a well-known
> service for unofficial packages:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas

OK, I understand better, thanks for the clear details. I wasn't aware
of what Launchpad PPA is (LP is a big giant mystery for me) which explains...:)

>> Are these based on the work done by Debian maintainers and currently
>> sitting in Debian experimental?
>
> Yes. It's based on the 3.2.0rc2 packaging from Debian you do. Look at
> the changelog :-)

Ah, great. So, no real duplicate work, then, which is fine.

Did you have any specific problem to address or was the porting work
just something like "untar, copy debian/, build" ?