[Samba] Samba 3.2.0 for Debian lenny (status)

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Thu Jul 3 05:19:11 GMT 2008

Following up in that thread...

I did a first attempt to build 3.2.0 for Debian yesterday and
everything went fine.

The current status of TODOs about this is:

- do the preparation work in our packaging SVN repository (import
  upstream source and do it properly for once so that Steve Langasek
  doesn't have to correct my mistakes)

- check the WHATSNEW.txt file to see which of the Debian bugs are
  fixed by that release if there are some

- build and upload

The upload could first go to experimental unless we solve this:

- resolve the licensing issue: Steve Langasek identified that the only
thing we need a confirmation from our Debian KDE team that their packages
being linked with a GPL v3 smbclient is not a problem (ie KDE 3.5.9
packages being licensed "GPL v2 or later")

If that's solved, I see no reason for not building Samba 3.2.0, upload
it to Debian unstable and therefore have it in Debian lenny (due out
when it's ready of course).

And then we'll wait for bug reports and triage them at the Debian
conference in early August....:-)