[Samba] Migrate Windows 2000 (Active Directory Integrated) Domain to Samba

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 14 02:40:07 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 09:08 -0500, Charles Marcus wrote:
> I read everywhere about migrating an NT4 domain, but nowhere says you
> can do the same with a Windows 2000 (NOT mixed mode) domain...
>
> This client does NOT currently use AD for anything special (GPO, etc).
>
> Is this possible? Advised?

The clients will need to be rejoined (otherwise they will not use system
policies, as they expect group policies), but yes, it is otherwise
possible.

The main thing you want is the SIDs to remain consistent, and the
passwords.  If these don't matter to you, then perhaps rebuilding is
easier.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett