[Samba] Another Uploading Printer drivers problem.

Richard Chapman rchapman at aardvark.com.au
Wed Jan 9 13:38:16 GMT 2008

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>> Use client driver means something like "completely
>> ignore the server side drivers and use a local one."
>>

> IMHO, a better interpretation of "user client driver" is "it breaks
> print serving" and it shouldn't be used unless you explicitly know [and
> understand] why you DO want to use it.

Hi Adam

Thanks for the advice on "use Client Driver". I used it to solve the
"Access Denied" status in the windows "Printers and Faxes" status
window. I think it was suggested by someone in this group - but also
confirmed by the reference to it in "man smb.conf". It also probably
stops me from uploading and/or downloading printer drivers to windows
client - which is unfortunate. If you advise against using it - how do
you avoid the "Access Denied" status in the "printers and faxes status".
Do you just ignore it - or do you not get it for some other reason?

Thanks Adam

Richard.