[Samba] recycle module creates empty files (0 KB)

Thu Feb 21 22:57:49 GMT 2008

Marcus Sobchak <lists at localguru.de>, on 2/21/2008 11:40 AM, said the
following:
> I have a strange behaviour when creating new files.  When opening word,
> excel, ppt or txt to create a new document (e.g. I use the word icon on
> the desktop to start word) and save the file to the home share H: an
> empty (0 KB) file with the same name as the saved document is created in
> the trash folder. Why this second empty file in the trash folder?

It may something to do with the way Windows/Office works.

When you create a new file or open an existing one, it creates a weird
hidden file with ~ at the beginning of  the name, then deletes this when
the file is saved/closed.

There may be some parameters you can set to hide this behavior, but I
don't know what they might be... sorry.

--

Best regards,

Charles