[Samba] recycle module creates empty files (0 KB)

Marcus Sobchak <lists at localguru.de> lists at localguru.de
Thu Feb 21 16:40:37 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have a strange behaviour when creating new files.  When opening word,
excel, ppt or txt to create a new document (e.g. I use the word icon on
the desktop to start word) and save the file to the home share H: an
empty (0 KB) file with the same name as the saved document is created in
the trash folder. Why this second empty file in the trash folder?

Going directly to the home share H: and create a new document using
right mouse click "new / word document" and save to H: no empty file is
found in the trash folder. Strange?

Here is my config running on 3.0.24-6etch9 Samba:

[...]
        recycle: repository=Trash
        recycle: keeptree=True
        recycle: versions=True
        recycle: touch=True
        recycle:exclude = *.tmp *.temp *.o *.obj ~$* *.~??
[...]

Any help is welcome!

Thanks,
Marcus