[Samba] Problem with SMBFS vs CIFS

Tue Feb 19 19:54:32 GMT 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 01:23:02PM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> > I think cifs should be able to work in those cases...
>
> Someday that may be true, but today it can't. There is at least one open time
> stamping bug that makes the connections worthless. Getting such bugs fixed is
> easier said than done, because virtually none, or possibly 100%, of the
> people who might fix them, keep OS/2 or WinDOS systems available for the
> purpose of testing.

How many times do I have to repeat this? If anybody can tell
me how I can access an OS/2 box I would be more than happy
to fix OS/2 bugs. Virtually everybody but the Samba Team
there seems to use OS/2 on a daily basis, but nobody is able
to tell us how to run it. I don't understand this.

Volker

P.S: A really smart intern in my office tried for at least
two weeks to install OS/2 on the oldest PC that we have
around, but it just refuses to run.