[Samba] Linux in a Windows 2k3 domain - odd lockout issue

Doug VanLeuven roamdad at sonic.net
Sun Sep 30 16:42:39 GMT 2007

Christopher Dick wrote:
> I am currently running an openSuSE 10.2 machine in a
> Windows 2k3 domain.  I have upgraded to Samba 3.0.26a,
> hoping it would solve my issue, but so far no luck.
>
> I was successful in adding my machine to the domain,
> and the DC logs show repeated successful
> authentications, and those few typo'd attempts, but
> nothing that is a sequence of failed logins.
>
> I get tickets and can access shares from machines all
> over the network without needing to re-authenticate.
>
> The problem is, at approx. 3:30 every afternoon, the
> domain controller locks my user ID as if I had failed
> repeatedly to type in the correct password.  Though
> the DC does not show this in the logs.

I only know of logon hours under the user account on the AD.

Maybe your systems require a more frequent machine password change than
one week.

It would be helpful to know what steps you take to re-enable the account
or how long you have to wait.

Does samba manage the keytab or did you manually add the kerberos keytab
principals?

Regards, Doug