[Samba] Linux in a Windows 2k3 domain - odd lockout issue

Christopher Dick jcdick1 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 14:13:31 GMT 2007

I am currently running an openSuSE 10.2 machine in a
Windows 2k3 domain.  I have upgraded to Samba 3.0.26a,
hoping it would solve my issue, but so far no luck.

I was successful in adding my machine to the domain,
and the DC logs show repeated successful
authentications, and those few typo'd attempts, but
nothing that is a sequence of failed logins.

I get tickets and can access shares from machines all
over the network without needing to re-authenticate.

The problem is, at approx. 3:30 every afternoon, the
domain controller locks my user ID as if I had failed
repeatedly to type in the correct password.  Though
the DC does not show this in the logs.

In exchange for running Linux, I am told I can't call
help desk for support, and no changes can be made to
systems expressly to make them "linux compatible."

Any help is appreciated, if someone might have an idea
of what this might be.

Thanks!