[Samba] security domain

robert1969 robert1969 at epf.pl
Sat Oct 20 10:10:28 GMT 2007

I have two Linux computers suse and RH enterprises. The first one (suse)
works as PDC and everything is OK with PDC, all Shares work correctly. Now I
have installed second samba Server on RH Enterprise and try set it as domain
memember, so I set the security on domain. As I read, if this second samba
stay a member of domain every share I try to rich would be checked with
password on domain I mean PDC so it looks like when I put my password
logging to my domain I get permission to share resources on second samba.
Then I added RH to domain, set security on domain, run winbind to see all
users and groups on domain. And..., and I am confused when I try map from
windows server 2003 all shares. Of course there is no problems with PDC, but
if I try to map RH shares I getting box with login and password and no
matter what I write I can't use share on RH samba. Firewall on RH is off and
selinuks also. What could be wrong with my configuration or maybe the idea
is wrong. I ask about help and support. Part of my smb.conf on RH:

workgroup = my domain name
security = domain
password server = my PDC
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
template homedir = /home/%D/%U
template shell = /bin/false
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
passdb backend = smbpasswd
[share]
path = /home/samba
writable = yes
valid users = @users
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777
browseable = yes
even guest ok = yes

I have created users accounts on RH server (the same like on suse server)
wbinfo gives me users and groups on domain. I can see samba RH on network
neighbours and I can rich the RH server to see share, but I can't get in
share because message box appears on the screen asks me to write login and
password. So I can map this share from login script on PDC. Can anybody
explain me what is wrong, where I made mistake. Help please
Robert

bours