[Samba] Re: Samba prints to wrong CUPS queue

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:48:25 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 11:20 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> Ok, here is an interesting one...
> I have a server (CentOS5) with 67 print queues in CUPS.  The server also
> runs Samba (samba-3.0.23c-2.el5.2.0.2) to supporting printing from
> Win32.  Printing to the server via IPP works perfectly.  Printing to the
> server via LPD works perfectly.
> But Samba is ever so slightly confused.  There are two print queues:
> brtps, and cenlp.  If a Win32 user prints to brtps it goes to the CUPS
> queue cenlp.  All the other queues appear to work fine.
> If I look at the "brtps" printer properties from a Win32 box, under the
> "Sharing" tab of the properties dialog box the "Shared as" field says
> "cenlp".  If I change that to "brtps" and hit apply I get a very polite
> dialog box saying "Share name already exists" and the value reverts to
> "cenlp".

Huh!  rpcclient enumprinters shows Samba has TWO entries for this print
queue:

flags:[0x800000]
name:[\\crew\brtps]
Printer]
comment:[Central Parts Warehouse Printer]

flags:[0x800000]
name:[\\crew\brtps]
comment:[Brighton Laser Printer]

Okay so how do I delete one?
--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com