[Samba] Rebuild Samba Server: Do my XP clients need to rejoin domain?

Gareth Cummings gareth.cummings at globoforce.com
Fri Mar 30 08:15:18 GMT 2007

I recently did a similar upgrade, moving from Suse 9.3 to 10.2(the 10.2
was installed on a new machine).  I copied over the relevant files
(which for me on Suse where /var/lib/samba, /etc/samba, /etc/passwd,
/etc/group), configured samba on the new box, shutdown the old samba and
started the new samba and I did not have to rejoin any machine to the
domain.