[Samba] SSO group / map problem

stef vetter smb.999.stv1 at spamgourmet.com
Tue Mar 6 12:30:31 GMT 2007

Hello list,

I'm using samba/winbind (rhel4, samba-3.0.10, w2k-dc) for single sign
on for windows users .

When logged on to the linux mashine they run an application, which
checks if the user has the same group rights ( appl. has local
Unix-user/group "app", so the windows user should also be member of
this group).

I've tried with group mapping (map "app" to "domain-users"), but it didn't work.
While reading the howto it looks to me, as groupmapping is for
integrating unix into windows. i need it the other way. did i get
something wrong?

thx for your help!
kind regards, stef.