[Samba] strange problem with share access

Roland_Lepper at Liteonit.com Roland_Lepper at Liteonit.com
Tue Mar 6 13:19:37 GMT 2007

I'm testing a Samba PDC NT4-style with a samba memberserver joined the domain and another
testmachine on Windows2000.
I've setup the PDC and the Samba memberserver. The memberserver joined the Samba PDC and wbinfo -u
and wbinfo -g is working.

I created a share on the member server:

[test]
comment = test share
path = /export/test
valid users = testuser1
guest ok = no
writeable = yes

drwxrwxrwx  2 testuser1 root 48 Mar 6 12:56 test

I restarted samba to activate this new share.
When I login as testuser1 on the windows machine and want to access the test share it gives me a
popup that i have to specify a login and password to login and access the share.
This is strange because the permissions on the folder are 777 and in smb.conf I specified testuser1
to access the share.
It doesn't matter what login I try, I can't access the share.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
Roland de Lepper