[Samba] Samba shares slow

Ned2 mynewsgroup at eml.cc
Wed Jun 27 12:15:20 GMT 2007

Hi,
I am running Samba version 3.0.22 for a small office where the clients are
windows 2k and XP machines. basically everything works OK and the only
problem I am facing now is that it takes ages before windows opens samba
shares. I tried turning off web client in win xp which helped a little but
it is still too slow. It takes almost 7 minutes to copy a 2G file to a
windows machine from linux server. Switch and cables seem to be Gbyte and
cat 5e and ping takes less than a ms. Any help is appreciated.

Ned

Here the smb.conf

[global]
	workgroup = MyNTWRK
	printing = cups
	printcap name = cups
	load printers = yes
	cups options = raw
	map to guest = Bad user
	log file = /etc/samba/log/%U.log
	include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
	add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -c Machine -d /var/lib/nobody -s
/bin/false %m$
	logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u
	logon home = \\%L\userhomes\%U
	logon drive = U: