[Samba] pdbedit and tdb files

Gianluca Tranelli g.tranelli at inarcassa.it
Wed Jun 27 08:52:56 GMT 2007

I've a weird problem upgrading from 3.0.24 to 3.0.25x.
After the update I can set policies no more.
If I issue this command, i.e. pdbedit -Lv g.tranelli, it works bur if
I try to set a policy value such as maximum password age, passwoprd
history samba gives me back this error:
"
pdbedit -P "password history" -C 20
Opening cache file at /node2data/samba-data/gencache.tdb
Cache entry with key = ACCT_POL/password history couldn't be found
valid account policy, but unable to fetch value!
account policy "password history" description: Length of Password
History Entries (default: 0 => off)
account policy "password history" value was: 0
valid account policy, but unable to set value!
"
I tried to delete all tdb files, set the password fot secrets.tdb but nada.
Who can help a man over troubled water ???
Thank you in advance.

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'