[Samba] can two samba servers share uid/rid map in win2k3 domain

john lists.john at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:33:02 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I've been battling this for weeks.

I have one samba server joined to our windows 2k3 domain that is
happily using Active Directory for authenication via Winbind and
kerberos. Ok great, but now I want to have two Samba boxs on the
domain with consistant uid/rid mapping between.

My question essentialy is can two samba servers use share a common
uid/rid idmap when joined to a Windows 2k3 domain. If the answer is
"yes, with LDAP" Then my question is how does the Active Directory
user info get into that LDAP db?

No howto I've seen, goes beyond the one server configuration. If you
know of one, I'd really love to be pointed at it.

Thanks,

John