[Samba] Section 7.3.4 Samba3-ByExample

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:26:42 GMT 2007

> I hope this question is specific enough:
> How does Active Directory user info get into the LDAP backend once you
> have followed John T's direction in chapter 7, section 7.3.4
> Samba3-ByExample?

It doesn't.  If by 7.3.4 you mean "Active Directory Domain with Samba
Domain Member Server" Samba is a member of the AD domain, not a
controller.  It doesn't have a local authentication backend.  The user
information already exists in the AD server, Samba (and possibly NSS)
just use it.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com