[Samba] samba storing filenames as utf8

umesh at pramati.com umesh at pramati.com
Tue Jan 16 13:29:27 GMT 2007

Hi All

I hope, you will help me for small problem (big problem for me).
 I don't know exactly, where the problem is. Situation - I need to setup
samba as a domain controller

  I had a samba domain controller , due to poor performance and disk space
i migrated to a new linux system . i configured accordingly the previous
setup but when i am adding the windows xp system into the domain i am
getting "The user could not be found " where as i am able to access's
the samba share using the root user name and that passwd

can anybody help me ?

Thanks
umesh