[Samba] users via winbind and using @group in smb.conf

Stefan Froehlich samba at Froehlich.Priv.at
Thu Jan 4 20:31:28 GMT 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 02:35:30PM +0100, Voelz Alexander wrote:
> > > [...] what das NOT work is to assign a samba share on B to this
> > > local group. I tried

> > > as well as

> > > but both ways all I get is NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.

> Does wbinfo work?
> e.g. does wbinfo -g list the private group?

No, it does not - but should/must this be the case? AFAIK wbinfo only
lists group, which are known in the DOMAIN context. However, @private
is a local unix group which is only relevant to the samba process on
server B. If I use any other local group (without users imported via
winbind) they are not listed by "wbinfo -g" as well, but still they
behave like expected.

> Did you try "valid users = DOMAIN\private"?

I tried "valid users = @DOMAIN\private", (with the @ to indicate a
group) but it did not work either - which I expected because it is
not a group defined in the DOMAIN context.

Bye,
  Stefan

--
http://kontaktinser.at/
Kontaktbörse für Österreich - kostenlos und unkommerziell